Friday, March 12, 2010

Barca, Barca, Baaaaarrrrrrrca!

So my first real trip out of Skander land was to Barcelona.

Pretty much one of the most architecturally diverse cities I have ever been in. The city is beautiful in way where tourists come and see the sights yet the people of Barcelona don't give it shit. In my short period there I sensed that the people of Barcelona know that they live in a vibrant city and that tourists will come no matter how shitty I treat these current tourists.
A second thing to note is that this city is the city of Gaudi. I know that I was guided around by Lonely Planet and tourist guides but everywhere you look you see the influence of Gaudi. New bank buildings with just a slight touch of Gaudi. I can understand why though, his works are quite amazing. To me he designs less to please the eye but to evoke some sort of emotion.

For all the Canadians reading this, Barcelonians don't start partying till 2am. To pre drink and to pre game is to start boozing at like 10 till 2ish.
I must mention that their beaches were very beautiful. Walking around that city was an absolute joy. If you ever go, train only when necessary.

I also had the privilege to watch a game at Camp Nou. Such a fun experience, if only people were that into hockey back at home.Next stop: Hamburg, then Amsterdam.

Now pictures!!

No comments: