Thursday, April 8, 2010

Awesome Amsterdam

The next city on my traveled to list was Amsterdam.

If you want to go to a enormous but still somewhat of a small European city with tons of European charm, Amsterdam is your place. In fact besides Paris I'd say Amsterdam is a must visit city in Europe.
The Red Light district in Amsterdam is no longer a seedy place but instead it is an adult Disneyland. It looks like it could be a seedy place but the city cleans it every morning and the place is crawling with Police.Amsterdam is also great for walking. Unlike other world cities, you can easily reach all of Amsterdam's main attractions just by walking. Nothing was farther than 30min away from each other.
It is also important to note that picture taking is not allowed in any of the popular tourist attractions in Amsterdam. Some places like the Anne Frank House I can see why, but other places I had no idea. Nonetheless I still enjoyed my visits at the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijks Museum.
Another one of the larger tourists traps was the Heinekin Experience. To call it an experience is a total overstatement. Instead it was the most involving advertisement that anyone will ever pay for. Yet, I would recommend everyone visiting the city to check it out. It was quite fun.

No comments: